I thought I'd go ahead and post how I come across all my coupons.
- I get the Chicago Tribune delivered every week (it has better coupon values that our local paper). I've actually considered bumping up to 2 Sunday papers from there.
- I also go out and buy a couple copies of our local paper (more if there's good coupons)
- My family saves their coupon inserts for me (usually just my grandma & my great aunt)
- Coupon trades
- Writing to companies for coupons and to get added to their mailing list
- Printing from the internet (can print 2 copies of most coupons per computer)
- My most "profitable" coupon source is the recycle bins around my town! Us couponers call this "Dumpster Diving". There are about 10-12 sites where people can drop off their recyclables here in town (no curbside recycling). I like to hit these on Monday mornings and get a "stash" of papers that newspaper delivery people have tossed out. Sometimes I find 20 or more of the coupon inserts this way!
- Newspaper carriers - I don't currently have this "source" but I have in the past. Usually the newspaper carriers have to stuff the papers with the ad/coupon inserts on Sundays. These inserts come in bundles of a predetermined number and sometimes the carriers have extras. My source for this had to give up his route though - so I am still searching for a new one.