I haven't been shopping too much for myself lately - I've been donating my time and planning to helping out one of the local food pantries. I've provided them with a list of good deals, then they tell me how many of each item they'd like. I then pull out the coupons and do the shopping and they reimburse me for my out of pocket costs.
I didn't take pictures of all of the stuff (didn't want to haul it all inside to take a picture & then back out to the van to take to the pantry) but I did make a list of all the items & out of pocket costs.
Last week I was able to purchase (and be reimbursed for) & donate the following:
- 50 tubes Colgate toothpaste
- 56 Loreal Vive shampoo/conditioner
- 6 pkgs Kotex pads
- 30 Secret deoderant
- 54 Herbal Essence shampoo/conditioner
- 9 pkgs diapers
- 30 Sure deoderant
- 2 pkgsSchick disposable razors
- 6 trial size Gillette body wash
$21.70 spent for all that stuff!!
They also have rebate forms and receipts to send in for 12 manicure or pedicures compliments of Herbal Essence!
I also donated the following to them from my stockpile extras:
- 70 pkgs of diapers (I paid about $0.12 tax on each package)
- 25 pkgs of marshmallows (estimate - didn't count - these cost me the $0.01 tax on each package)
In the last few days this is what I have gotten the following at Walgreens for the pantry:
- 17 pkgs diapers
- 33 pkgs pull-ups
- 8 pkgs 100 ct wipes
- 2 pkgs 40 ct wipes
- 7 pkgs 300 ct wipes
- 51 boxes Reynold's wrap
- 22 - 2 pocket folders
- 15 - 5 pks mechanical pencils
- 2 highlighters
- 3 bottles glue
- 2 - 10 pk Crayola washable markers
The Register Rewards can be used towards future purchases at Walgreens and can also be used at Jewel because they are manufacturer coupons technically!