Monday, May 12, 2008

May 10th, 2008 - Schnucks & Meijers

My mom alerted me of a deal at Meijers (actually she did the shopping for me) while she was shopping there.

They had Kraft Pasta Salad mixes on sale for 4 for $4. Each box had a peelie coupon for $0.50. The Meijers in town doubles coupons up to $0.50 - making each box FREE! She picked up 8 boxes for me. These will come in handy this summer when we go to potlucks, picnics, etc. The only thing you have to add is the mayo.

I also went to Schnucks because they had a General Mills/Betty Crocker cereal & fruit snacks deal going on. Here's the details: Buy any 2 and receive a $3 cat. There was also a movie deal on the same products: Buy any 5 and receive a cat coupon for 2 free movie tickets to any Warner Bros film. I took full advantage of both of these deals, sale prices, AND coupons and did great! Below are the details of what I got and what I spent:

5 boxes Fruity Cheerios
4 boxes Regular Cheerios
8 Fruit By the Foot
3 Fruit Gushers
19 Fruit Snacks

Spent $40.65 OOP
Have $30 in cats to use on anything in the store on my next visit.
Have 7 pairs of movie tickets (14 tickets total)

So in the end I ended up paying $10.65 for 14 movie tickets ($0.76 a ticket!!) and got free cereal & fruit snacks!

Actual cost would have been a lot cheaper (I would have been paid to take the stuff after the cats) if I would have bought all fruit snacks instead of mixing in the fruit by the foot & fruit gushers (these were not on sale).


No comments: